welcome

"There is nothing half so pleasant as coming home again." -Margarget Elizabeth Sangster

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Journey Begins

For me the journey began when I was googling some strange symptons I was having one day and realized the same answer kept coming up...I was pregnant. After we were two for two on the pregnancy tests of course my mind started to whirl and from then on I have been mulling over exactly what it means for me to be a mother.

 I have come to realize that I want my home to be a special place, a refuge of sorts in this fast paced world. I don't know that will all entail but I do know that I take my job seriously as a stay at home mom and I look forward to cultivating the rythem and life of our home. Even if I was still working full time I take such pride in working hard to create a space that fits the needs of my husband and son. Whether that is a quiet place after a long stressful day or something lively when our spirits are low. There is so much power in a place that many just think is a spot to lay your head, but I believe it can be so much more for our hearts and souls than that.
I look forward to continuing on this journey with anyone that wants to come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment